How do you submit a claim form?
To make a claim for your registered retired police dog please complete the claim form. We will review your claim in the timeliest manner possible. All claims are subject to approval and pending availability of funds.
General Terms and Conditions
- All dogs must be registered with Ned’s Wish before a claim can be considered for approval.
- Completed claim forms and supporting receipts/invoices for expenses relating to your dog’s illness or injury must be submitted within 60 days of treatment.
- Please provide documentation to indicate the portion of any claim which is not covered by your pet insurance, if applicable.
- Ned’s Wish is not intended to be or act as an alternative to pet insurance and owners are strongly encouraged to obtain insurance for their retired dog. Dogs without insurance may impact the amount of funding or services Ned’s Wish can provide.
- On the claim form please indicate if your retired police dog is still working in a public or private capacity. Please be aware that working status may impact the amount of funding or services Ned’s Wish can provide.
- By completing the form you authorize Ned’s Wish to contact the certified veterinarian or veterinary clinic that provided medical treatment, prescribed medication, prescribed supplements or prescribed food.
Upon approval by Ned’s Wish, your retired police dog is eligible for the following:
- Subsidized insurance premiums;
- Veterinary examination fees;
- Actual cost for treatment of illness or injury;
- Insurance deductible;
- Costs not covered by your insurance policy;
- Prescription dog food: 50% of the cost of prescription food is eligible when recommended by your veterinarian for the treatment of illnesses or injuries;
- Herbal therapy: The use of herbs, either as single products or in combination with other herbs, for medicinal purposes. These must be prescribed by a registered veterinarian with training and experience in herbal medicine;
- Supplements: Dietary supplements, including vitamins and nutraceuticals, manufactured and labeled with ingredient analysis and that are prescribed by your veterinarian in the treatment of illnesses and injuries covered by Ned’s Wish.
Items, care and services not covered by Ned’s Wish include (but are not necessarily limited to):
- Vaccinations, titer tests, flea control, tick control, heartworm medication, and deworming;
- Boarding or transport expenses;
- Anal gland expression;
- Bedding, housing, crates, cages, ramps, feeding bowls, platforms, non-prescribed special diets, raw food diets that aren’t prescribed by a certified veterinarian, pet foods, routine or preventive supplements (unless covered above), bathing, non-medicated shampoo, grooming, nail trims, ear cleaning, ear irrigation, toys, clothes, leashes, collars, and treats;
- Any illness or injury resulting from activities related to training for or participating in any form of secondary employment of the retired police dog, including but not limited to detection, property guarding or apprehension work;
- Spaying or neutering at any time or for any reason unless prescribed by your veterinarian as a method of treatment for illness or injury of reproductive organs;
- Parasite control, including, but not limited to internal or external parasites.